Wednesday, December 9, 2015

September PDX Restaurant: Paradox Cafe

On our way back from Multnomah Falls, we were planning to go to Vege Thai in SE near Belmont, but as we looked for it realized that it had closed since initially making the restaurant list. We quickly did a google search for vegan restaurants, and found Paradox Cafe nearby. They're not fully vegan, but definitely caters to it.

Website

Genre: Diner, comfort food

Price: $3 - 5 sides, $7 - 9 entrees

Setting: Quirky diner

The main restaurant area is a bit retro, and the bathrooms are more Portland-esque. The one I went into was an outerspace theme, and Abe thinks he remembers the other one being an under the sea theme. 

What we tried

Abe got the Firehouse (vegan) burger, with tots on the side, all of which he liked. I tried the Belmont combo (a breakfast platter) with pancakes for my carb, and breakfast potatoes and tofu for my sides. My plate ended up unintentionally very beige, but I enjoyed it.


Overall impression: If I recall correctly the service was a tad slow, but the food was good. It's a bit out of the way for us, but if in the neighborhood I'd definitely want to go again to try different things.


Would I take my parents?*: Eh, yeah. There's nothing too far out there that they couldn't find something to try (especially since there are beef burgers included). The vibe is definitely Portlandia, but again, not super far out there and too weird. 

*Scale: Heck no. No. Probably not. Maybe. Eh, yeah. Yes. Definitely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...