Monday, December 21, 2015

NROLFW Phase 6 Week 2

Workouts

Monday: Run 3.6 miles (11:58 pace)

Tuesday: Run 2.5 miles (11:56 pace) + bike trainer 8.3 miles (14 mph, 64 rpm)

Wednesday: Run 2.25 (12:03 pace) + NROLFW phase 6 workout A

Thursday: Run 1 mile (9:15) 

Friday: Run 1 mile (11:10) + bike trainer 7.1 miles (14.2 mph, 65 rpm)

Saturday: Run 4.5 miles (12:03 pace) + bike trainer 22.5 miles (15.0 mph, 69 rpm)

Sunday am: Bike trainer 8.1 miles (16.1 mph, 74 rpm) + NROLFW phase 6 workout B
Sunday pm: Peacock Lane Run - 2 miles from PRC (10:30) + 10 minutes walking Peacock Lane + 2 miles back to PRC (10:34)

Total biking: 46.0 miles
Total running: 18.85 miles

While occasionally I take advantage of my 1-mile runs (for the running streak) to just run hard(ish), the otherwise faster paces recently are still heartrate paced. I'm not sure if I fully trust the data, it doesn't necessarily feel quite as easy as when a 145-ish bpm netted a 13:30 mile, but it says I'm hitting closer to 12:00 at that same 145-ish bpm. It's not like I feel it's a hard effort, just a smidge harder than when I was slower. But it has been nearly three months now of heartrate training, so I should be seeing results. It's probably time for a trial run aiming for a 13:00 to 13:30 pace, and see where my heartrate ends up.

I've been doing lots of biking! I'm this close to my revised annual goal of 500 miles. I realized I only got to 250 by the beginning of November, so I'll end up having done half the total miles in the last two months of the year, but it's doable. Actually hit my highest ever bike weekly mileage this week (prior highest was 43 summer before last during tri training).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...