Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday Five: Holiday Wish List

Linking up today with MarCynthia, and Courtney for Friday Five. Today's theme is Holiday Wish List. The vast majority of things on the lists I've given to family members over the past couple weeks are sports related - running and tri really are my biggest hobbies, so the splurges for things I can't quite justify buying for myself are all related to that. Here are some of the things I'm hoping to get!

1. No Meat Athlete shirt. Especially now that I'm joining up occasionally on group runs with the Portland branch of NMA running, it'd be great to represent my beliefs at races. 


image source

2. Winter/fleece lined tights - something like this. I tend not to have to ever run in too ridiculous cold of weather - due to living in a climate that's pretty fairly mild (lows in the teens were an oddity during a cold spell last winter), plus I tend to run in the afternoon or evening, rather than in the morning when you'd feel the coldest temps of the day. But sometimes we do have that cold spell, or I need to run in the morning for scheduling reasons or a race. I've layered up then, with shorts and tall socks underneath my regular leggings, but something warmer would be nice even if I only need it on occasion! 

3. Running rain jacket - specifically liking reviews of the Patagonia Houdini. It may not get super cold here, but it does rain all winter! 35° and rainy can be pretty miserable, so a lightweight, water resistant layer is something I've been wanting for a while.


image source

4. Lock laces. These let you quickly pull on your shoes without having to tie them, which would be great during transition in a triathlon. 

5. Shoe lights - along the lines of this. While I do have a handlamp (including a blinking red back light) and a blinky reflective vest to wear when I'm running in the dark, there's plenty of data that says what's actually important so drivers can distinguish that you're a person and not a sign is to have lights on your moving parts - e.g., your feet/legs or hands/arms. 

6 comments:

  1. I've heard that fleece-lined tights are amazing for winter running! I probably could have used a pair last year! Love the No Meat Athlete top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I got out in the cold and rain I wish I had some comfy fleece tights on! (I'm sure I'd regret it once I get going, but it'd be nice to help get me out the door sometimes in the winter.)

      Delete
  2. I have a pair of lock laces that I never used. Maybe I should give them a try. I would love a pair of fleece lined tights for winter running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about the lock laces, I don't know why I haven't just bought them for myself by now. Besides for tris, I imagine they're nice to running- once you have them set up your shoes always tied just right!

      Delete
  3. i LOVE my fleece lined tights. i tend to heat up fast, but i actually find that they don't make me too warm, so i spend a lot of my winter runs in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! If I don't get any for Christmas I think I do need to go ahead and buy some.

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...