Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Week

Workouts

Monday: Run 4.05 miles (13:43 pace)

Tuesday: Bike trainer 6.35 miles (15.1 mph, 71 rpm) 

My parents were spending the night, on the way to us all heading up to Tacoma on Wednesday, so while on the bike I coached my mom through a weights workout.

Wednesday: Run 5.0 miles (13:25 pace)

Thursday: Turkey Trot 5k (34:08 - 11:00 pace) + run 1 mile (back on the course to see my sister and parents before they finished) (12:36 pace)

Friday: Run 1 mile (13:04 pace)

Saturday: Run 4.1 miles (13:53 pace) + bike trainer 5.3 miles (15.8 mph, 72 rpm)

Sunday: Run 1.35 miles (12:14 pace) + bike trainer 10.7 miles (14.2 mph, 67 rpm)

Total biking: 22.35 miles
Total running: 19.6 miles

Doing a running streak with a facebook group I'm in; the group is doing any variation of 1 mile per day - running, walking, biking, whatever you want to do, from Thanksgiving to Christmas. While I'm doing other activities that could count, I think where I could benefit most from that kind of motivation is just running, keeping up the consistency when I don't have a running goal (nor a mileage goal, since I met my 1,000 miles for the year already!), so sticking with the classic of running at least 1 mile per day.

I was planning on doing longer distances over the weekend (especially on Friday), but came down with a cold. I used the guideline that symptoms above the neck (mostly stuffy nose and a sore throat for me) means it's ok to run, and I had the energy to something, but not something super long. I'm really not that sick, but it's the sickest I've been in a couple years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...