1. Hot chocolate. Probably one of the most obvious! Lately on rainy afternoons at work, going to the kitchen and putting together a mug of hot chocolate (we have some packets of powdered mix in with the tea supply) has been a lovely pick me up.
2. Hard cider. Not a warm-up kind of drink, and sure you can get it year-round. But it tastes better in the fall! I love the Cider Boys combo ciders (e.g., strawberry apple).
3. Lemon tea. It reminds me of visiting my great-aunt after holiday get-togethers like Thanksgiving and Christmas. She'd have home baked goodies and tea, and my family would meet up with her for breakfast.
4. Peppermint hot chocolate. There are only a couple things I get at Starbucks - double chocolate chip frappuccinos (which I fully acknowledge are basically a milkshake), and the peppermint hot chocolate when it's in season. It's delicious and tastes like Christmas!
5. My mom's hot spiced cider. It's fairly basic, but she's made it for parties and holidays for as long as I can remember, and I love it!
Mom's Spiced Cider
2 quarts apple cider or juice
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 tsp whole cloves (can put in a teaball for easy removal before serving)
dash of nutmeg
dash of ginger
dash of cinnamon (optional)
orange slices (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a crockpot or large pot. Heat on low heat for a few hours.