Monday, September 21, 2015

Hansons Marathon Method Week 16 & NROLFW Phase 4 Week 3

Workouts

Monday: Easy run 3.15 miles (13:32 pace) + NROLFW phase 4 workout A

TuesdayTempo run 9.15 miles (12:10 avg pace w/ 0.5 wu & 0.65 cd; 12:00 tempo pace)

Wednesday: Easy run 4.0 miles (13:31) + NROLFW phase 4 workout B

Thursday: Ballet class (75 min)

Friday: Rest day

Saturday: Run 1 mile warm-up (13:16 pace) + 5k race (29:08!) + run 2.15 miles (13:00 pace) + NROLFW phase 4 workout A

Sunday: Long run 8.0 miles (13:05 pace)

Total running: 30.55 miles

Hey, you know what's cool? I don't have to swim or bike if I don't want to! I plan to do them again eventually, especially if I do get pregnant soon-ish, I imagine swimming and biking on the trainer will be good, low impact crosstraining to mix up with running. But especially while trying to fit in specific runs for the remainder of marathon training - no need to worry about what else I have to do as well.

Ballet started back up for the fall session, and I moved up, since I've done three workshop seasons of the "absolute beginner" class, I'm now in the just "beginner" class. It's definitely a step up, just moving right into movements, and picking up more on the fly with less repetition, but also lots of fun.

I didn't feel great on the tempo or long runs, but I did race the day before the long run, plus strength training during the week. I'm planning on doing three strength workouts next week, too, to get fully through the rest of phase 4, and then none the week of the race to fully rest up!

I'm to the point where there's not much more you can do (or almost there - the plan has a tempo run 10 days out, saying you can still benefit from the adaptations in 10 days), you just have to be careful not to stress your body to screw anything up, and mostly just rest up. I'm excited to do a 10k this weekend - I'm not going to go totally full out, not aim for the lowest time my new 5k PR would predict, but get something close (maybe 1:05 or less). I want to prove my work with a new PR, but don't want to stress my body too much only 8 days before the marathon, the real place to prove myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...