Sunday, August 2, 2015

May PDX Restaurant: A.N.D. Cafe

A.N.D. Cafe is in SE Portland, serving mostly-vegan all-vegetarian food (with plentiful gluten-free options). It's slightly rustic, cozy (slightly small, but also in vibe) space with artwork on the walls. I think we had a short wait, but not too long (even though it was for brunch on Memorial Day), though some larger groups had a bit more of a wait.

(Uh, yeah, this was in May. Slightly behind on these monthly posts...)

Website

Genre: Cafe, comfort food

Price: Entrees $7 - $11, sides $2 - $4, drinks $2.50 - $7

Setting: Classic cafe, with a little industrial rustic vibe

What we tried: I had a pomegranate "kimosa" (juice with kombucha), and Abe had "the remedy", a mix of coconut water, kombucha, vanilla, and orange juice. His sounded slightly strange to me, but we actually both preferred it of the two (though the other was good, too).



I got the blue corn waffle with banana. Good - hard to go wrong with a waffle!


Abe got the hashtastic (a skillet dish, basically), and a side of meatloaf. I was definitely not a fan of the textures of his items, but he enjoyed them.


Overall impression: Beyond the basic breakfast/cafe staples, there are a fair number of dishes that are either a bit hippy-er than I prefer, or just fake options that are very likely to not be good textures in my opinion. But I do enjoy the vibe of the place, if I was up for a waffle while Abe (as usual) wanted something more adventurous, it'd totally be an option. 

Would I take my parents?*: Probably not. Beyond the waffles, not stuff that's necessarily "normal" to them. I think my mom might like some of the veggie-based dishes, but I don't think there's much my dad would go for.

*Scale: Heck no. No. Probably not. Maybe. Eh, yeah. Yes. Definitely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...