Sunday, March 15, 2015

Hop Hop Half Training Week 5 & NROLFW Phase 2 Week 2

Workouts

Monday: Easy run 3.05 miles (12:51 pace) + NROLFW phase 2 workout A

Tuesday: Virtual 10k race in 1:10:26 (11:21 pace)

Goal: 10k @ < 11:30 (HMGP)
Actual
1 - 3: 11:00, 11:20, 11:23
4 - 6: 11:32, 11:25, 11:34
6.2: 2:08 time for 0.2 - 10:35

Wednesday: Unplanned rest day - Though Tuesday's "race" was challenging, I didn't feel too wiped out physically (the next day, my legs did feel tired but not quite as sluggish as I'd thought they'd be), but mentally I needed a day where I just didn't have to do anything in my limited time after work. 

Thursday: Easy run 2.2 miles (12:49 pace) + NROLFW phase 2 workout B

Friday: Run 2.5 miles (12:33 pace) - easy with some strides

Saturday: Rest day

Sunday: Shamrock Run 5k in 31:07 - 10:01 pace! Not quite to my sub-10:00 pace goal, but so close! and a PR nonetheless.

I planned to do another 6 - 8 miles to get a better "long run" total mileage for the day, but I just couldn't get myself out the door. I couldn't do it right after the race, as we had lunch plans with friends, and by the afternoon when I had time, it was really ridiculously windy (like, lots of power outages across the city, kind of windy). I still could have gone out, it wasn't unsafe, but it made a nice excuse.

I still have next week to get in a really solid 11 - 12 miler, and then it's taper! I think I will back off a little on my goal for this race, and based on it goes get closer to 2:30 at Hippie Chick in May. I'm now leaning towards only doing the half in July (when I was thinking of a full), and do Portland as the full marathon goal, in October. It's a little iffy scheduling-wise, which I won't be able to finalize until much closer, but I think I can make it work. I really love the idea of the Portland Marathon, and beyond not feeling ready to do a full any earlier, the idea of a marathon finish line, that wasn't that finish line, was making me sad. 

Total running: 17.05 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...