Sunday, November 30, 2014

Seattle Half Training Week 8 (Race Week)

Workouts

Monday: Swim 1,700 yards + easy run 2.5 miles (14:31 pace)

First time exceeding a mile (1 swim mile = 1,650 yards) in a swim workout! 

Tuesday: Ballet class (75 minutes)

Wednesday: Easy run 3.0 miles (14:02 pace), with a few strides in the last mile

Thursday: Swim 600 yards (in a 25-foot-long hotel pool)

Friday: Treadmill run 2.0 miles (13:30 pace) 

Saturday: Rest day, only about 30 minutes walking to/from the expo and dinner

Sunday: Seattle Half Marathon in 2:52:15 (13:09 pace)

Total swimming: 2,300 yards
Total running: 20.6 miles

I was hoping to get my race recap up today, but my Garmin isn't cooperating to get my data from it. I'm actually ok with my time - it's only 3 1/2 minutes slower than my PR, and since that PR was set on a race called "the Flat", and the Seattle course is decidedly not flat, I believe I did put forth a comparable, and my best, effort. 

Next, moving on to 5ks, so need to bring back the speedwork! As mentioned last week, I have a 5k on NYE (likely my last chance to get a sub-30 for my 30 Before 30 list before my birthday - although I do think I can set a PR, I'm not sure about beating it by that much), another 5k in February, and the stair climb in January. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sub-3 hour goal!

    I agree, it's hard to compare races whose courses are dramatically different, so it sounds like even though it wasn't a PR, you still had a very solid race.

    Good luck with the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      There's one half that I actually have done all three years since I started doing halfs, and hope to continue doing every year (Foot Traffic Flat on July 4th) - not just because it's a nice course and good race, but for that comparison factor. :) Fun to try different races sure, but I also enjoy having the consistent benchmark.

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...