Saturday, November 1, 2014

Firsts on Caturday

Last year I took advantage of the month of November being a slow month (work-wise, training-wise, etc.) and participated in NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) with prompts from BlogHer. This year, the month's looking a little busier (repair regs at work, half marathon after Thanksgiving), but I still wanted to take on the challenge of writing more. I really want to continue building my blog as both a place of conversation and a venue for me to learn to express myself, and I think this is a great way to do that.

To make sure I have things to write about, I decided to take part in NaBloPoMo with prompts from Kim of Miss Zoot. She's doing a project this month to build a list in Feedly of participants and email out prompts each day. I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Today, the first of the month, is about Firsts. Since it's also Caturday, let's talk about a first that happened last night, and another this afternoon: the cats were left alone together and didn't kill each other! 

Until now, we've shut Hera in the guest room at night, and whenever we were gone; we simply didn't trust the two cats to be alone unsupervised. After a few weeks, we became less careful about supervision, not worrying if we stepped out to take the garbage out or took a long shower or whatnot. 

Finally, we decided they were coexisting well enough. Last night, we let Hera have free rein of the house. Fortunately, not only did she not pick a fight with her sister, she didn't even make a nuisance in our bedroom (until about 7:00 am, but that's when she usually starts whining even when she's in her own room).

Since that went well, I decided to try another experiment. Heading out for my run this afternoon while Abe was already out, I left Hera in the main part of the house. And they both survived! In fact, as soon as I returned, I saw this: 


I thought Imogene was willing to get that close to Hera only when it was necessary to sit on a lap, but I guess she's ok with it regardless! I hope they eventually become friends, and cuddle and groom and keep each other company, but for now this is an awesome sign of progress.

Also, I found out that Hera's tendency to take someone's spot as soon as they get up doesn't only apply to humans: 


If you want more cat pics, check me out on Instagram! I promise a minimum of 80% cat content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...