Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Seattle Half Training Plan

A few months ago, after my most recent half marathon, I thought I was done with long distances. At least for the immediate future (I was thinking until after next tax season, probably), and maybe for good. I hadn't made much progress in improving my speed and wasn't feeling strong when I tried to. 

Well, after some time off from making myself do a long run on the weekend, mixing things up with triathlon training, and working on aerobic base training, I think I'm finally ready to get back to it! Paying attention to the Portland Marathon last weekend was definitely inspiring. 

I'm going to use a plan from SmartCoach, based on:

  • A mile test time from the beginning of September. The indicated paces, based on the faster single-mile-pace, for easy and long runs are in line with what I've been doing at aerobic efforts lately, which is very different from what I tended to call an "easy" pace in prior training cycles.
  • Weekly mileage of at least 20 (a step up from where I've been lately, but only a small step).
  • "Moderate" training intensity.
I'm actually looking forward to my first tempo run tomorrow. (What's wrong with me?! Oh, yeah, I'm runner. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...