Sunday, September 7, 2014

Triathlon Training Week 12

Workouts
Monday: Aerobic effort 5k time trial (14:37 pace) - this is slower than my first 5k back in 2010! But I really think this is what I need to do to get past my plateau and really built up a solid running base that will allow me to make significant progress.

Tuesday: Fartlek run 3.05 miles (11:45 pace) + swim 1,000 yards

Wednesday: Run 3.2 miles (12:26 pace) - including 1 mile speed test
1.2 mile warm-up - 13:25, 14:03
1 mile test - 10:09
1 mile cool-down - 13:26

Thursday: Open water swim 450 yards - with wetsuit. Similarly to my first open water swim sans wetsuit, I had an initial moment of panic. The wetsuit adds a different type of panic - although it does help you feel secure that you'll stay floating, it constricts across the chest in a way that feels like it's going to keep you from breathing. Definitely a good thing I experienced this before the race!

Friday: Run 1.25 miles (12:15 pace) - easy shakeout run with a few strides

Saturday: Aluminum Man triathlon! 500 meter swim,13.7 mile bike (supposed to be 25k - 15.5 miles, but Garmin measured short enough that I think the course was truly short, not just GPS inaccuracies), 5k run (3.1 miles)

Sunday: LSD run 6.2 miles (14:25 pace)

Total swimming: 1,950 yards
Total biking: 13.7 miles
Total running: 19.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...