Monday, April 21, 2014

Last Week in Non-Exercise

Workouts

I ran 1 mile on Friday. 12:13 pace. That's it. 

Funny story about that run: As I was walking back to my apartment through the parking lot (I use the quarter mile distance from my building to the street at the front of the complex as a warm-up and cool-down) and was almost there, a guy in an SUV is driving towards the parking lot entrance and stops right in front of me. Note: my face gets red from exertion very easily. Even though this was a short run, in near perfect weather (low 60s), my face was quite red - at least, I assume this red face was a factor in the situation.

He rolls down his window and holds out a glass of water. Said he'd seen me entering the parking lot, and went and filled up a glass of water and then drove around to meet me. He cautioned me to sip, not chug, the water, and had a fairly concerned look on his face. I asked if he was a runner (and maybe that's why he was taking enough of an interest in me to make me drink water) but he wasn't, but said he was former military. 

I'm not sure if I should be insulted that I looked so worn out and in need or water, or flattered if perhaps he was trying to hit on me?

Wednesday I just sat on the couch almost literally all day to recover from tax season, but the rest of the week was busy with packing, moving, and unpacking - actually came quite close to average 10,000 steps per day (actual average = 9,720)! Got over 15,000 on Saturday, moving day.

It looks like I'm going to be skipping Hippie Chick Half this year. :( More on that later, but in the mean time I'm working on getting back into a routine of strength training, improving my diet, and will soon start a training plan for what will now I guess be the first half marathon of the season, the Foot Traffic Flat on July 4th. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...