Thursday, February 20, 2014

Three Things Thursday: Buffy

I recently finished binge watching Dexter (I'm a bit torn on how I feel about the ending!), and decided on the next show: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I suppose I was the right age for it when it was airing, but wasn't really the type of show condoned by my parents (magic and violence), so I'd never seen it before. 

1. So fun seeing young versions of actors I know from other shows! Rita, Booth (seriously swooning - ha! I googled "swooning" to make sure my understanding of its usage was correct, and the example in google's definition is "I don't want a nurse who swoons at the sight of blood" - it's funny cause we're talking about vampires!), Lily, Tegan (yes, I'm embarrassed for watching Greek. Multiple times.).

2. I feel like Stephenie Meyer must have been a fan. Or maybe both franchise just took advantage of vampire cliches? 

3. Was everyone actually wearing such short skirts in the late 90s?! Seriously, so many of Buffy's outfits can only be described as crotch-length.

What's the best season of Buffy I should be looking forward to?

4 comments:

  1. I've never gotten into Buffy - at the time or even recently when I tried to watch it. Can't help you there but I can say I was really conflicted about the way Dexter ended too.

    I wanted him to have a happy ending but then I also didn't you know. I was sympathetic to him but also felt like he really was a serial killer so he should get some kind of comeuppance. I don't feel that way about House of Cards (am only half way through season 2) - the characters are much less sympathetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you liking House of Cards? Abe's currently watching it on my netflix, so I don't want to start it right now and mess up for both of us keeping track of where we are, but it sounds intriguing, I might watch it after he's done.

      (Dexter spoiler alert)


      I feel like he kind of got punished, in that he finally learned to love life/other people, and then decided he had to give that up. But I wanted to see how the police department would react to finding out about him, and we didn't get to see that - but I guess that would have been kind of cliche, kind of the thing that's always about to happen through the whole series, so I like that they didn't?

      Delete
  2. (Another Dexter spoiler alert) - I agree that he needed some kind of punishment. I would have been unhappy if he skipped away scott-free (even though I was partially hoping for a happy ending for him). I was so mad that Deb died and it seemed strange that Hannah ended up with his son. But I think it was a no win situation, since I was half-rooting for him and half-wanting him to be caught. I don't think I would have been happy with any outcome.

    As for House of Cards, I really liked the first season you should definitely watch it. Orange is the New Black too if you haven't watched that yet. I can't really talk about why I am not liking season 2 as much without giving spoilers, so I'll let you decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did watch the first season of Orange is the New Black, and really liked it. Looking forward to season 2 coming out!

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...