Thursday, January 16, 2014

Three Things Thursday: What I Learned Last Weekend

1. The storyline of Evita. I knew the song "Don't Cry for Me Argentina", and thus that it had something to do with Argentina, but not really anything else. My friend Karey invited me to join her Sunday for the Broadway touring show of Evita, as it's one of her favorite musicals. I really enjoyed the music, and upon reading the synopsis in the program and doing some smartphone research during intermission, it's a really fascinating history. 

2. The game Tichu is really fun. I was hesitant, because it's a trick-taking game, which I usually find confusing (like pinochle). I definitely referenced the instructions a lot (especially for a couple of the special cards, two of which are similar in image and sort of similar in purpose), but after a couple rounds we all got the hang of it and enjoyed it! It involves some risk-taking to really gain the advantage (you can call "tichu" before playing any cards in a round, betting that you'll be the first one out - for huge points if you're right, and negative points if you're wrong), and that's also not usually my favorite thing - unless you take a risk and win big, which happened a couple times. :)

3. How to make a great salad: mix dressing with the toppings separately, and then add the toppings to the lettuce. Maybe everyone else in the world already does it like this? But Abe just showed me this (he's trying to help me increase my veggie intake), and it's revolutionary to me! Creates the perfect amount of flavor from the dressing without getting the lettuce soggy.

1 comment:

  1. That's the second time Evita has come up in the past week! Weird. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...