Tuesday, November 26, 2013

If I Told You, I'd Have to Kill You

NaBloPoMo prompt: Tell us about the last thing you hid.

Well, if I told you all that, I'd no longer be hiding it, would I?

This reminds me of one of the profile prompts on OkCupid: The most private thing I'm willing to admit. Um, this is a profile you're using to attract potential dates. How private are you really willing to get here? 

My answer to that prompt was that I was considering not shaving my legs, because it's a totally arbitrary social norm (I actually have stopped worrying about having shaved legs even if they'll be visible, such as wearing capris to a yoga class. I do shave them about once a month or so, not for any particularly reason, though). So it was a "private" thought, in that it's not something I would necessarily share randomly with coworkers or other casual acquaintances. But it's not private in the sense that it's truly personal. 

I figured a gender-norm-bending admission would be useful in filtering out guys who wouldn't be ok with critical thinking! And I think it worked. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...