Friday, October 4, 2013

Marathon Checklist

It's almost time! Nothing I can do now but trust in my training. I may not have hit every workout that was planned, but I tried my best. I did two 20-milers, the second of which wasn't horrible! 

I've been obsessively checking the weather - it's going to be 55 to 65 degrees - perfect! When the day got on the 10-day forecast, is was partly cloudy with a 10% chance of rain. A few days later that changed to some showers and 60% chance of rain. Then for most of the week it hung out at 30 or 40%. Finally return to 10% yesterday - hope that sticks! ETA: As of Friday afternoon there's 0% chance of rain - but now the high is 72 degrees, a bit warmer than I'd prefer.

Things to do Saturday

  • Pick up bib at the race expo.
  • After the expo when we know what corrals Abe and I will be in, plan out drop-off spot(s).
  • Map out best spectating spots for my parents.
  • Plan meeting spot for after.
  • Print pace chart.
  • Charge Garmin

Things to have with me on Sunday

Wearing

  • Short sleeve tee shirt
  • Capris
  • Racer-back sports bra (my scoop-back ones have been causing chafing lately - I think because they're slightly looser)
  • Undies (Most of my running bottoms are designed to not have to wear underwear, but then I'd feel the need to watch them in between each use, which would require either more laundry than I'm willing to do or more money than I'm willing to spend.)
  • Running shoes (No socks - barefoot/minimalist shoes are designed to be comfortable without. I've been fine up to 20 miles sans socks, so I don't expect this to cause problems.)


On my person
  • Arm sleeves - will probably take off and stick in my hydration pack a few miles in
  • Garmin
  • Road ID bracelet
  • Race bib
  • Hat, if greater than 20% change of rain
  • Throwaway sweatshirt? I'll pick up something at Goodwill just in case. This week it's been pretty chilly in the mornings, but the forecast says we'll be coming off a low of 53 from the night before - I might be ok with just the arm sleeves.

In my hydration pack
  • 4 packs of Shot Bloks - 2 caffeinated, 2 non-caffeinated
  • Phone
  • Headphones (but saving playing music until at least half way through, if needed)
  • Tissues
  • ID and cash
  • Pace chart
  • Garbage bag (for use as a poncho if needed)
  • Vaseline (I have the cutest little tiny travel size of it)
  • Pepto bismal, tylenol

In a bag for after
  • Change of clothes
  • Flip flops
  • Calf compression sleeves
  • Protein drink
  • Coconut water drink
  • Food

Am I missing anything? My list seems too short, but I can't think of anything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...