Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Descent: Marathon Training Week 17

Workouts

Monday: 3.1 mile run (10:10 pace!!!!)
Goal: 2.5 miles fast (11:00)
Actual: 10:18, 10:11, 10:04, 1:00 time for 0.1 (9:44 pace)
I don't think PRs really count unless it's at a race, but this beats my current 5k PR by over 2 1/2 minutes! 

Tuesday: 4 mile run (11:50 pace)
Goal: 3 - 4 miles moderate (12:00)
Actual: 12:24, 12:09, 11:35, 11:12
Had a meeting after work and it's getting dark earlier :( so this was loops around my apartment complex's parking lot (just under half mile around). The progression run became intentional after the second mile.

Wednesday: Yoga class (60 minutes)

Thursday: 3.5 mile run (12:29 pace)
Goal: 3 - 4 miles easy-ish (12:30 - 13:00)
Actual: 12:24, 12:38, 12:17, 6:22 time for 0.5 (12:44 pace)

Friday: Rest day

Saturday: 5 mile run (12:55 pace)
Goal: 8 miles long/slow (13:00 - 13:30)
Actual: 12:58, 12:43, 13:05, 13:30, 12:19
I thought I'd caught a break in the storm to do this outside. The rain had mostly subsided, but the wind was going so strong it blew the hat off my head a couple times! By the last 10 or 15 minutes the rain had picked back up, so I headed home early. At this point, I don't think a couple more miles would make any difference.

Sunday: Unplanned rest day 
I usually do a short easy run the day after a long run, and feel a bit refreshed and less stiff for doing so. But, this week's "long" run was really not long, plus it was way too stormy to run outside and I didn't feel like even walking through the rain to get to the fitness center to do it inside. And actually that was probably a good idea - during the time I would have been most likely to run, the power briefly flickered off a couple times - that could have been bad on a treadmill!

Total miles: 15.6


Dang, I feel so speedy lately! I'm sure it's due to a variety of factors: cooler weather, lost a few pounds, tapering so not tired from double-digit runs, re-started taking an iron supplement. Whatever the reason, it's quite the confidence-booster! But, holy sh*t - one week left! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...