Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hippie Chick Half Training: Week 5

Workouts:

Monday: 2.5 mile run (12:32 pace)

Tuesday: 2 mile run (12:25 pace) + 30 Day Shred level 1 workout

Friday: 8 mile run (12:56 pace)

Saturday: 90 minute yoga class

Sunday: Earth Day Run 5 mile race (11:41 pace) + treadmill speedwork (1.25 miles total, 12:00 average pace)

Total miles: 18.75

Yay, another tax season's over! I'm trying to get back on track with my half marathon training, including some speedwork and some strength training.

The 5 mile race was fun; Abe ran it with me. We were both last in our age groups, but met my goal of under an hour - 58:27. 

2 comments:

  1. Are you so excited for the Hippie Chick? I am behind on my training but am only doing the quarter so it shouldn't be so bad although i guarantee more walking than i had planned originally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel quite as prepared as I'd like to (haven't done all the long runs I planned to), but still looking forward to it! It was my first half marathon last year, so I feel sentimental about it.

      Delete

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...