Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WIAW: Tax Season Snacks


Work hasn't been too ridiculously swamped yet; I've been doing just under 55 hour weeks for the past few weeks. But busy enough that my meals are quite boring and repetitive (well, not that that's unusual for when I'm not busy, but perhaps slightly more boring and repetitive than usual). 

Lunch is usually the same thing 3 - 4 days out of the week; last week I made a batch of baked tofu and thousand layer potatoes for my lunches. For this week I didn't get around to making anything so Monday was leftovers from the firm's Saturday lunch, Tuesday I picked up Thai (it was sunny and beautiful for the short walk), and today is leftover pizza from Valentine's day, which I brought for lunch on Monday. 

Dinner doesn't really exist. I have a couple afternoon snacks, around 4-ish and 6-ish. I get home around 7:30 and usually go for a run, then shower. By the time I'm sitting down to relax for the night it's pushing 9:00 and only an hour before I ought to be going to bed (a couple hours before I actually do go to bed), so in lieu of dinner I have yet another snack, something along the lines of string cheese, cookies, and, if I'm feeling extra healthy, an orange or banana. Yesterday I finally got back to making a post-run green smoothie (spinach, banana, berries, peanut butter).

This is in my snack drawer at work (I think these are all vegan):

I also have at least a couple pieces of fruit each day, from my produce box.

1 comment:

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...