Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Survey

(Questions originally on Hungry Runner Girl.)

1. Favorite Christmas album/CD/song?

I don't listen too a ton of holiday music, but when I do, it's generally either Mannheim Steamroller or The Muppets & John Denver

For playing on the piano, I've always loved Carol of the Bells.

2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off?

This is the first year I've been enough into running to even consider it, but I doubt I will - too busy with family stuff.

 3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning?

Huh... I can't think of any tradition we really have for Christmas breakfast. There are a lot of traditional family Christmas cookies, though, which might possibly get eaten fairly early in the morning sometimes.

4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?

Hmm... again, not sure if I can think of anything in particular. We always go to church on Christmas eve, whether we're at my parents' house or elsewhere. I enjoy services that end with candlelight (even though my sister is always paranoid about children having candles, but we've never been in a service where anything was actually set on fire).

At Thanksgiving, though, for the past several years we've been at my mom's sister's house, and we always play Boggle after dinner. 

5. Real tree, fake tree, or no tree?

Growing up we always had a fake tree. Once I was on my own, I had a small fake tree for a couple years, then I tried to have a live potted tree, that I could keep on my deck the rest of the year. Unfortunately, I killed the potted tree a couple years in a row, so I've kind of given up on that. Since I'm always at my parents' house or other relatives' for Christmas day, I now don't bother having a tree in my apartment. I just have a wreath on my door - my mom's cousin makes them and gives one to each household at Thanksgiving.

6. Christmas pajamas - yay or nay?

Nay, I guess, never really occurred to me to have Christmas pajamas!

7. Where do you spend the holidays?

Usually at my parents' house. Sometimes we go to my aunt and uncle's house a couple hours away.

8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat?


9. Open presents all at once or take turns?

Take turns, of course. Stockings can be opened all at once, though, before getting to the main presents.

10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie?

Haven't watched it for a long time, but Home Alone used to always be on TV and we watched it at my cousins' house on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation!

Please note: Although I'm trying to keep the commenting as wide open as possible and not requiring logging in to one of the profile options, there have been reports of glitches and comments disappearing while trying to post under the Anonymous option. I would recommend logging in if you have one of the profiles, or at least copying your comment to paste back in if something goes haywire.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...